Tuesday, July 14, 2015

6 tier - Wedding Cake 'Amrit'

 
 On 28th June I delivered the largest wedding cake I've ever made to the Grosvenor House Hotel in London.  It was a 6 tier cake (although the bottom tier was a dummy tier - I simply don't have facilities to bake a 16" cake!)
The cakes were lemon sponge with lemon curd buttercream and coconut & lime with lime curd buttercream.  Once covered with sugarpaste, they were then highly pearlised before being decorated with royal icing stencil work.  The cake almost appeared to be floating, as it was displayed on a clear acrylic table and finally it finished with flowers - both from the very talented Floco Flower Co.
I don't usually post photos of myself, but I thought it would give some scale to the picture; I'm 5'4 tall, so not exactly a shortie!!
To view my full website, please visit www.patacake-parties.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home