Sunday, June 20, 2010

Handbag Bat Mitzvah Cake

Handbag Bat Mitzvah Cake
I love how this cake turned out! It's one of those where, yet again, I wish my photography skills were equal to my cake-making skills. 11" vanilla sponge filled with jam and buttercream; 8" chocolate sponge filled with chocolate buttercream. I usually marzipan my cakes, but the customer asked me not to, as one of her children is allergic to nuts. Therefore, a slightly thicker (but not by much) layer of sugarpaste was used, to help achieve a smooth finish. Little handbags were then cut out of modelling paste and decorated with various edible glitters, lustres and colours (keeping to the colour scheme of pink, white and silver), for a very pretty, but quite funky, Bat Mitzvah cake. Mazeltov to Chloe - and to all her family.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home